Castle Mamba Monster X ESC W 2200KV MOTOR
First, there was the Mamba Monster. Then the Mamba Monster 2. Now there’s the Mamba Monster X.
As revolutionary as it’s predecessors, the new Mamba Monster X Electronic Speed Controller (ESC) takes Castle’s legendary “monster” performance to a whole new level. The waterproof* Monster X is capable of 2S LiPo up to a maximum of 6S LiPo and is the legendary “power up” for 1/8th scale buggies, truggies and on-road vehicles as well as 1/10th scale monster trucks and R/C monstrosities weighing up to 15 lbs.
EXtreme Power • EXtreme Control • EXtreme Fun!
The new Mamba Monster X provides even more extreme performance than the Monster 2. Most notable is the addition of a new, programmable Auxiliary Wire that allows users to make “on-the-go” adjustments to several settings, such as torque control and max throttle. The new Auxiliary Wire allows users to fine-tune the performance of their Monster X ESC right from the transmitter using an auxiliary channel on the receiver. The AUX wire function is disabled by default but is programmable via Castle Link. Once the user has programmed the functionality of the AUX wire, that setting can then be adjusted on-the-go from a compatible transmitter. The Mamba Monster X also features updated Audible Alerts that will notify drivers of possible issues with their calibrations and error conditions to help diagnose problems in the field.
Sensored Motor Capable (with optional Sensor Harness)
The new Mamba Monster X can also be configured to run sensored brushless motors with the purchase of an optional Sensor Harness from Castle Creations. This sensored-motor capability opens up a whole new segment of R/C enthusiasts who will now get to experience (or see the rooster tails) from a Castle Monster X-equipped racer, rock racer or rock crawler. One of our Monster X Beta testers summed up his experience, saying “Another race weekend in the books. Once again, in sensored mode, the ESC (Mamba Monster X) performed flawlessly. Great power and smooth transition from sensored to non-sensored.”
The new Mamba Monster X is capable of running from 2S to a maximum of 6S LiPo power, but now features an improved heavy-duty adjustable Battery Eliminator Circuit (BEC) to provide plenty of power for today’s power hungry servos. The Monster X BEC voltage is adjustable from 5.5V, 6.0V, 7.5V and 8.0V with an 8 AMP peak. The Mamba Monster X also comes standard with a highly efficient, 30mm ESC cooling fan.
Monster X Data Logging
Also new to the Mamba Monster X is the ability to capture and record performance data from your last couple of runs, commonly referred to as data logging. This data can be downloaded via the Castle Quick Connect Duo (sold separately) that allows the user access to both wires into the single Castle Link connection. The user can then analyze this data and make adjustments to the ESC to maximize both performance and battery life.
Telemetry Ready (Compatibility Coming Soon for Futaba T4PX Transmitters!)
The new Monster X is telemetry ready, which means owners of Futaba T4PX Transmitters will be able to purchase the Castle Creations S.BUS Telemetry Link when it is released. Real-time data such as ESC temperature, voltages and RPM can be monitored to ensure performance advantages and spare you the “unknown” parameters that all R/C enthusiasts experience at some point. Telemetry data provides another level of protection, can increase your “tuning awareness” and in turn, let you have more time doing what you love to do – burn rubber and throw dirt!
Castle Mamba Monster X ESC Specifications:
- Input Voltage Range: MIN: 2S LiPo; MAX: 6S LiPo (25.2V)
- BEC Specifications: Adjustable: 5.5V, 6.0V, 7.5V. or 8.0V (8A Peak), default 5.5V
- Operating Environment: Waterproof* design allows for use in nearly any environment. (*See Product Use Statements)
- Brake: Proportional
- Reversible: Yes - with lockout
- On/Off Switch: Yes
- ESC Cooling Fan: Yes, factory equipped (30mm), fully removable and replaceable. (**See Product Use Statements)
- Size: 5.3cm x 4.9cm
- Weight (w/wires): 111.1 g
- Application Guidelines: Up to 6S (25.2 Volt) operation in vehicles weighing less than 15 lbs, with batteries, ready-to-run.
Castle 2200kv Motor Specifications:
- Max Input Volts: 25.2V
- Amp Rating*: 120A
- Weight: 424g (15 oz)
- Motor Diameter: 39.98mm - 41.78mm with fins
- Motor Length: 75.18mm
- Shaft: 5mm
- Bearings: Oversize ABEC-1 front and rear
- Connector: 6.5mm Gold
- Note: Motor wires OK to shorten
- *Full throttle continuous operation with cooling airflow
- *Although Mamba Monster X and Castle brushless motors are waterproof, they are not intended for operation while completely submerged in liquid. They can corrode when exposed to corrosive materials, such as salt water. Always rinse the ESC and motor with clean water after exposure to corrosives or dirt. While the motor and controller may be waterproof, Castle suggests users confirm that the rest of their vehicle, including the batteries, servos, radio and chassis are also waterproof before exposing them to liquids of any kind.
- **The cooling fan must be removed prior to driving in wet conditions. It is not waterproof.
- Not all LiPos are created equal, and surge ratings should never be used to determine a pack’s suitability for a brushless application. Use the CONTINUOUS C rating only. Mamba Monster setups frequently hit 100+ amps in peaks. Castle strongly suggest using 5,000 mAh or larger LiPo cells with a discharge rating of at least 30C (or high quality 25C batteries such as Traxxas Power Cells). Castle's experience suggests using only mild gear ratios with NiMH cells. Do not attempt to use NiMH cells in extreme setups.
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to Write a review.